Spirit Comics Calendar

Total Pageviews

February 11, 2018

My Original Characters: Lady Valentine (SPIRIT COMICS)


Idea For Lady Valentine's Backstory

This came to me a few hours ago.  I decided to blog my thoughts since right now my notebooks are at home.  

I have told people before that I have my own characters, that I just haven't gotten to writing a story with them yet.  This is true.  I believe the reason for this, in part, is I haven't decided on a source of their powers.  I hadn't given thought to my beloved character "LADY VALENTINE" for a while.  I didn't decide on that name because of Valentine's Day.  I've been working on this in my head for roughly 2 years now.  My notes on Lady Valentine are at home so I can't go into great detail about her backstory.  She has a dash of "Cinderella" and a dash of "Wonder Woman" in her backstory.  However, it would be unfair to say that she's just like either character, cause she isn't.

She comes from a secret island that is located 500 miles off the coast of California.  This is subject to change until I have her origin solidified.  

She was born in 1900 but chose to remain in the form of a child for many decades.  The island which she called home allowed her that ability.  She enjoyed being taken care of.   Really, what person doesn't enjoy being taken care of, having your every need met, when you are in need?

Because of the harsh treatment from her mother, Sophia (her real name) decides to leave the island.  She chooses the form of a 25 year old young lady.

How did she do this? Well beneath the island where she was born, is a pool of water.  Some would refer to it as a 'fountain of youth.' Before she left the island, she went and bathed in the pool.  This would give her eternal youth, plus a little extra strength and muscle in addition to what she already had from her training on the island.  She would never age, at least not visibly. Sophia would continue to mature, become wiser and smarter as she learned from her environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment